Career in Veterinary Science
“Veterinary is the branch of medicine that basically deals with finding, curing a prevention of diseases on animals”.
Veterinarians are basically animal doctors who diagnosis and prescribe treatments for animals.
Bachelor of Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry (B.V.Sc & AH) – 5 years
- BV. Sc. in Animal Genetics and Breeding
- BV. Sc. in Animal Production & Management
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- BV. Sc. in Veterinary Medicine, Public Health & Hygiene
Master of Veterinary Science (M.V.Sc) – 3 years
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Medicine
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
- MV. Sc in Veterinary Surgery & Radiology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Veterinary Medicine
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Veterinary Pathology
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Veterinary Pharmacology & Toxicology
ü For admission to UG Courses, you must have passed 10+2 with biology, chemistry and physics.
ü Candidates have to qualify NEET exam to get admission in Veterinary courses.
All veterinary colleges doesn’t require bachelor’s degree for admission. Some of them requires a fixed number of undergraduate credit hours and pre-veterinary courses in organic chemistry, zoology, biology and physiology.
Admission to veterinary schools is also offered on the basis of satisfactory score in the admission test namely Graduate Record Examination (GRE), Medical Common Admission Test (MCAT) or Veterinary College Admission Test (VCAT).
Some colleges to pursue Veterinary Science courses are:
Indian Veterinary Research Institute, Bareilly
National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
Veterinary College and Research Institute, Namakkal
- College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Bikaner