Career in Dairy Technology
Dairy Technology is an engineering field that deals with the processing of milk and its products. This field involves the use of “Technology” to make the dairy products and processing more advanced, hi-tech and useful.
The dairy technology is a component of food technology that specifically deals with the processing, storage, packaging, distribution and transportation of the dairy products like milk, ice-cream, curd etc by implying the science of biochemistry, bacteriology, nutrition to the milk and milk products.
The dairy technology is one of the emerging career fields of engineering which generally deals with the overall production and processing of milk and milk based products. The students who are interested in the dairy science and wants to make their career in this field, then they can pursue a course in dairy technology ranging from diploma to postgraduate degree/PhD.
Diploma Programs in Dairy Technology:
- Diploma in Dairy Technology
- Diploma in Food and Dairy Technology
- Advanced Diploma in Dairy Science and Technology
UG Programs in Dairy Technology:
- B.Tech in Dairy Technology
- B.E. in Dairy Technology
PG programs in Dairy Technology:
- Dairy Microbiology (M.Tech)
- Dairy Engineering (M.Tech)
- Animal Biochemistry (M.Tech)
- Animal Nutrition (M.Tech)
- Animal Biotechnology (M.Tech)
- Animal Genetics and Breeding
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Dairy Chemistry
- Master of Technology (M.Tech) in Dairy Technology
The students, who are interested in this field, must pass class 12th examination with minimum 50% in physics, chemistry and Mathematics. The admission to the undergraduate and postgraduate courses is based on the all India entrance examination conducted by ICAR, New Delhi.
PG Courses: The eligibility criteria for the admission to the PG courses in Dairy Technology is based on the B.E/B.Tech degree in a specified discipline, followed by interview. The duration of this course will be two years.
Some entrance exams are given here:
- ICAR AIEEA 2021 (All India Entrance Examination for Admission)
- WBJEE 2021 (West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination)
- BCECE 2021(Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination)
Here we are listing some colleges which offer quality education in this field:
- National Dairy Research Institute, Karnal
- Kerala Agricultural University, Thrissur
- Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Raipur
- Anand Agricultural University, Anand